Bosch Gas Cooktops
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
2. On the Sabbath, a "blech" should be used to cover the flame in addition to covering the controls of the cooktop. For the gas burners use a standard "blech",
3. The center burner on the Benchmark cooktops (dual stack burner) should be used at the low setting, but you should not switch from the hi to low settings.
4. On Yom Tov, a gas flame may not be initiated or turned completely off. For gas cooktops, raise and lower the temperature as required for cooking.
5. Bosch gas cooktops use re-ignition; in the case that a burner goes out it will relight itself.
6. If there is a power outage, gas will continue to flow and the burner will stay lit. In the case that the burner blows out, re-ignition will not work without electricity. .