Bosch Electric Ranges
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
2. On the Sabbath, a "blech" should be used to cover the flame in addition to covering the controls of the cooktop. For coiled electric burners use a standard "blech". The manufacturer does not recommend putting a "blech" on the glass electric cooktop surface. Instead, just the controls should be covered.
3. On Yom Tov, electric heat may not be initiated or turned completely off. However, for cooking requirements, once on, the temperature may be raised when the ribbon heating element cycles to full glow. Lowering the temperature is permitted at any time if required for food preparation. (Practice adjustments on the electric cooktops before Yom Tov.)
4. After a power failure, electric cooktops will recover to the set temperature when the power returns.
5. The glass electric cooktops cannot be kashered for Passover. For the rest of the year, be sure to wipe the cooking surface clean between meat and dairy use.
OVENS:1 . The oven temperature can not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath or the Holidays. Once in the Sabbath mode, the oven will run for 73 hours at the entry set temperature.
2. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
3. Oven light stays on or off, depending on user setting it when entering Sabbath Mode.
4. All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
5. On the Sabbath the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
6. The convection fan will run during preheat if oven starts cold. Do not open the oven door during this 10-15 minute period. Once preheated, the convection fan will not come on again.
7, There is no Timed Bake in the Sabbath Mode in these ovens.8. After recovery from a power failure, oven comes back “OFF” in regular non-Sabbath mode and consequently light will go on when you open door.