Bosch Gas Free Standing Ranges
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
1. On the Sabbath, a gas flame may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off.
2. On the Sabbath, a "blech" should be used to cover the flame in addition to covering the controls of the cooktop. For the gas burners use a standard "blech", but it should not cover the knobs. Knobs should be covered lightly with foil (if necessary). The cooktops require air to flow around and underneath the knobs. The smallest burner should be used at the lowest setting (only one burner when using a blech to avoid overheating and damage to the cooktop surface and components).
3. On Yom Tov, the gas flame may not be initiated or turned completely off. For gas cooktops, raise and lower the temperature as required for cooking.
4. During and after a power failure, gas cooktops will remain on.
1. The oven temperature can not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath or the Holidays. Once in the Sabbath mode, the oven will run for 73 hours at the entry set temperature or until cancel is pressed.
2. On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
3. Oven light is always on or off. User sets it when entering Sabbath Mode.
4. All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
5. On the Sabbath the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
6. The convection fan will run during preheat if oven starts cold. Do not open the oven door during this 10-15 minute period. Once preheated, the convection fan will not come on again.
7. There is no Timed Bake in the Sabbath Mode in these ovens.
8. After recovery from a power failure, the units will return to the start up screen. When oven comes back “OFF” in regular non-Sabbath mode, light will go on when you open door.