Wolf Built-In Electric Single/Double Ovens
The following models may be used on the Jewish Sabbath or the Jewish Holidays (Yom Tov) in accordance with the instructions below:
Please be aware that there are restrictions in the use of ovens and stoves on the Sabbath and Holidays. If you are unfamiliar with the laws of keeping food warm on the Sabbath or cooking on the Holidays, please call your Rabbi. Please note that when the Holiday and Sabbath coincide, the Sabbath laws prevail. See your owner's manual for instructions on operating the Sabbath mode. Before first use of a new oven be sure to wash the racks and interior of the oven thoroughly with warm water and soap to remove any coating oil.
- The oven temperature may not be initiated, adjusted or turned off on the Sabbath.
- On the Sabbath, in lieu of a "blech", the oven controls should be covered. (Be careful not to cover vent openings.)
- All food should be placed in the oven before the Sabbath begins, since none may be placed in the oven during the Sabbath.
- On the Sabbath, the oven door may only be opened once, all the food removed, and then closed. On the Holidays, the oven door may be opened/closed at any time as often as desired.
- On the Holidays, the temperature may be adjusted (but not initiated or turned off) at any time following the instructions in the owner's manual (because there is a delay between the request and implementation). This applies only to models manufactured after May 2007.
Caution: Since all buttons on the control panel are active in the Sabbath mode, it is advisable to cover any buttons not necessary for temperature adjustment on the Holidays.
- These ovens have a timed bake feature in the Sabbath mode. This feature can only be initiated before the Sabbath/Holiday. Once timed bake goes off, the oven cannot be used again for that Sabbath/Holiday. (Please note that there is no explicit indication when the timed bake shuts off. Instead, listen for a lack of any heating sounds.)
- After recovery from a power failure, these ovens will recover to the Sabbath mode setting.